Blank posts today?

I'm seeing an awful lot of blank post today, just a subject line Re. whatever and no body.

Are they blank or is it an hiccup in the server?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

+1

No idea why. Ctrl-U (view message source) has usually been completely blank when this happens, but the headers are all there - only the message body is blank. We are using different newsreaders, so it can't be that.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

I am seeing lots of expired articles... perhaps there is a cancelbot at work on some of our less welcome guests?

Reply to
John Rumm

Not seen any. Perhaps they're filtered by NIN. I see you use ES - maybe they don't filter.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

That was a blank post for me.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Both posts blank from here....

Reply to
R D S

I'm getting blanks

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:qo7mui$tjh$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me...

I'm not seeing any and I don't use a kill file, so it must be some hiccup with your server or usenet client.

Reply to
ZakJames

Unlikely given that I don't see any on news.individual.net

Reply to
ZakJames
[a blank message]
Reply to
Andy Burns
[another blank message]

other than that I haven't seen any other blanks, but then a lot of messages are hitting the KF these days

Reply to
Andy Burns

There are several here reporting blank posts with different newsreader clients. I've just checked these blank posts on the Albasani news server (I use Eternal September most of the time), and they are blank there too.

Very strange.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Also blanks on Google.

Reply to
harry

Yeah, that became clear later.

List some headers, I can't use either server. I will see if those post are on nin and that will show if nin is deleting those.

Yeah, unusual that its seen on more than one server.

Reply to
ZakJames

=================

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Whats needed is blank posts so we can see if the problem is that some servers are losing the body of some posts or if some servers like nin are dropping blank posts. Likely the second isnt happening because someone, Clive ? did post \a couple which showed up on nin fine but his blank posts may be different header wise to the ones which never showed up on nin.

Reply to
ZakJames

..and blank here too.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Another blank one.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

On Wednesday, 16 October 2019 16:58:39 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote: > On Wednesday, 16 October 2019 16:36:27 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote: > > Various wavelengths sounds like a good idea, I wonder why they don't do that? >

There is nothing special about 2.4 to 2.5 GHz except that it is a frequency band permitted for this purpose. It is EXACTLY the same band used for WiFi (although WiFi is also allowed to use the 5-6GHz band as well. Lower frequencies would penetrate food better but the magnetrons would be larger and much more expensive. Solid state power amplifiers may soon be economic for food heating and would allow for a wider range of frequencies if the regulators allow it.

Looks to me as though that's a Google Groups reply. Note, however, that Harry uses Google Groups and he couldn't see the message body either.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

The headers of some of the BLANK posts other than the two Clive posted after your original that said you were seeing a lot of them.

Reply to
ZakJames