blackberries near Peterborough

Go to the Services at the junction of the A1 and the A605. The lorry and caravan parking area is a long thin bit to the west of the rest of the site. Go right to the end, in between the two rows of lorries and caravans. At the end on the left in the corner is a little plantation of trees, including some oaks. When nobody's looking nip into it and head south about five yards and find the break in the fence. Just though there is an old abandoned road. Everything is very overgrown and the area is totally hidden. Walk a short distance along this road (which is barely visible because of the plant growth) to the east and you will find the best most luxuriant set of blackberry bushes I've ever seen. I picked some but was short of time. They are absolutely at their best; pest free and sweet.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Damnit I thought you meant another kind of blackberry. I was expecting you to tell me where I could break into the rear entrance of a factory.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I grow my own.

Reply to
dennis

Life is strange. I fight a constant battle with the damned things invading the garden from the nature reserve.

Reply to
Richard

The ones I mention are at their best.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

So do I. But the ones I mention are better!

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Lots of dog walkers but not many actual dogs?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The brambles love all that extra nitrogen from the truckers' piss ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

The truckers don't penetrate the jungle that far. It appears that no-one does.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

No photo?

Reply to
pamela

Yes I took three, to show Hil.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I hope the photos were to your usual high standard. I remember you posted some nice photos a while ago. :)

Reply to
pamela