Black Particles in water... manganese? (living in South Dublin)

For many years, we have had small black particles in the mains water. Despite several hydrant flushings, they remain, although the water is much cleaner for about a week after each flushing. I'm lving in Dublin, and it seems that where we live, we have to accept this.... despite most of the county having far cleaner water, none of the sediment and particulate problems here. Though I suspect that our problems might be exacerbated by being close to a dead end of the main supply line.

I don't want to buy a water filter, except just to have one to put inthe fridge. I just want to find out from anyone in the know on these matters (especially in Dublin) if I have any options except persistently asking our local council to flush out our closest hydrant, which they seem to be managing badly.

Reply to
None

Did you get a water sample analyzed? That was some of the advice given here the last time you posted

Reply to
Grumps

Yeah, done that, water met standards, except for containing sediment, which the test results did not elaborate on... it just said that it should not be present in drinking water.

Reply to
None