Beware compostable pedal-bin liners

Presumably because nobody has thought to advise putting something inside the bag before disposal.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Do you have any idea who you are actually replying to, or is it that you just don't know how to snip / reply?

Or is it just the red mist getting in your way?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I'd say it's more about the bags getting ripped open / emptied (accidentally or on purpose) as they are being handled and then blowing away?

Can they assume all waste arrives in compostable bags?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I bet it is to you ...

What, all 'Tims' think this or is this another example of your inability to convey information accurately (probably because you don't actually understand it in the first place)? Weren't you supposed to have been a teacher? ;-(

Ah, so plastic bags being blown around the countryside are a 'good thing' for the environment are they?

Are you talking about 'environmental gurus' or fanatic Brexiteers here?

Spray 'you' house? (What is a big shame with left brainers is how they can't spot a tongue in cheek comment).

Ah, so you would rather everyone just put all waste in landfill, unsorted / recycled?

Or do you think some people might need some gentle persuasion before they gain a social conscience? Ever heard of fines or non-collection of bins for failing to do as requested?

What *is* your point exactly, other than trying another playground grade jab at me?

Best you try thinking things though next time mate. ;-)

1/10, please try harder.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Did you see the rubbish left by your rent a mob extinction rebellion friends in London? Or the trash left in a field new me when some ?environmentalists? camped there during a protest?

Unlike them, I DON?T drop litter etc.

If we picnic etc, we check we?ve left no trace.

Not at all. I think the criminals who try to blockade London etc to (supposedly) protest about green issues should be made to pick through it. A good job for criminals as well- including those who advocate spraying rubbish over people?s houses etc.

Oh, and Remainers who throw milk shakes etc.

Reply to
Brian Reay
<snip>

No, why should I have done ... and as I'm guessing you were there to see it for yourself, how did it compare with any similar protests you have witnessed?

See above.

Good to hear Brian. So I'm slightly confused why you feel the need to attack me when all I was suggesting is that all the stupid / lazy c***s did their bit re ensuring they weren't polluting the re-cycling that the councils sell to reduce all our costs? I mean, they do generally get warnings when they repeatedly do such but you seem to think it's ok to punish people who drop litter but not those who won't re-cycle? Isn't litter just stuff in the wrong place (like poorly recycled material)?

Good lad, I wouldn't have hoped for anything less from *everyone*?

<snip>

You had better write to your MP about that then as I have no sway or affiliation to these 'protestors' you keep going on about?

So, apart from still completely missing the fact that I was joking, I think you will find that 'criminals' often already do such works as part of their penance.

Again, I think you will find there are already set punishments for such actions, as there are for shooting and stabbing MP's to death in the street (assuming you don't consider that ok, as long as it's only Remainers who suffer etc)?

Anyway, I hope you get your air-con fixed soon, stop you getting so hot under the collar! ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Ah! Now I see the misunderstanding. Despite the thread title, I introduced the problem of the bags now being used for some magazine distribution.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

... yes ... being 'compostable' even but if they break free of the Windrow system and still become a liability as they may not compost down (quickly) unless still *IN* the (industrial) composting system?

eg, They blow away as / if they get emptied (accidentally or otherwise) and get wrapped round your TX aerial for the next X months?

Or does that still not apply?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Wrong you brain dead moron that is NOT what I asked.

I asked how a compostable bag with this so called vegtable matter can blow about in the wind.

WFT are you talking about ?

How will a bag blow away ? So they can't recycle what's in a bag in case the bag blows away ?

Is that true of all bags ?

As pathetic excuse from a council what a suprise and yuo swallowed it.

Reply to
whisky-dave

are you saying T i m and others use these bags and recycles them empty so they blow about in the wind ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

You haven't noticed that, despite the thread title, I have moved on to magazine wrappers which are empty when disposed of.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

No, I am saying that compostable magazine wrappers are not accepted by all local authorities in garden waste bins, despite the message printed on all the ones I have seen so far.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I have NEVER seen one of these things can you tell me what magazines use them.

Most are single use plastic so NOT compostable and NOT recyclable.

Reply to
whisky-dave

The Guardian, Which, National Trust

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

biodegradable is NOT the same as compostable

But I've never bought any magazine wrappers. I buy compostable bags NOT called biodegradable, for such things as food waste.

Reply to
whisky-dave