Best way to do up an old felt flat roof?

The roof does not appear to leak, but is quite old and has a couple of big 'bubbles' on it. Some areas still have chippings. I would like to extend its life but am not sure what to use; I've seen bitumen based coatings (cheap) or acrylic (very expensive) What is the best thing to use? How should I treat the bubbles? The roof is about 10 sq.m. Thanks in advance for any advice. Peter

Reply to
petermeakins

If its not broken don't fix it

If you want it to look pretty strip it completely and start again

there are several options for this from diy butyl membrane to professional torch on felt. I have not used any of them so would take advice from the group as to the merits of each

Tony

Reply to
TMC

If its basically sound, you could probably lay a coat of torch on felt over the top. I would pierce the bubbles first though and make sure it is only air under and not water.

Some of the torch on felts are very impressive - very thick and extremely strong when compared to ordinary felt.

Reply to
John Rumm