Best price for BAL tile adhesives?

Topps Tiles want £36 for a 20Kg bag of flexible floor tile adhesive (for fitting tiles to a wooden floor)

Is this the going rate? My tiles cost me £30 and it seems a bit steep to have to pay £36 to stick them down!

Regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Yes, Topps Tiles take the piss.

No, you can buy similar flexible adhesives and grouts far cheaper elsehwere. I found a local tile shop selling a good flexible adhesive for a fraction of the cost that Topps were charging.

Sadly I can't recall the make, it may have been Arduflex, it cost about £11 per 20Kg.

Reply to
Steve Firth

That was my experience too. I got a reasonable rate on some tiles (though could have done better at B&Q) and just asked for grout, spacers and adhesive out of inertia which, when I looked at the receipt back home, had been charged for at premium rates.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

And me (once!). I think they rely on punters doing this. I currently use tubs of Wickes waterproof tile-and-grout which does the job very well IMHO, at 13 quid for a big 10 litre tub

David

Reply to
Lobster

Sorry, that's for wall tiles.