Best place to sell old Welsh Slates

Good evening all. This not an advert, but I am wondering what the best method for selling on re-claimed Welsh slates would be. Obviously, there are yards that will buy for a fraction of resale prices.

I have put an ad on Salvo web's site, but got no interest.

Any thoughts, or should I bite the bullet and flog them cheap?

Many thanks

Chris

Reply to
Remove

The old nail holes are quite big where the roofers took them down....I am hoping that they have not messed them up because I told them that I wanted to sell them on

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
Remove

Roofing supply yards are full of reclaimed slates. Most of the slates are crap, soft, face peeling, corners missing and hole the size of 10p. Un less they are of the larger size, 16" and above, sound solid, not dull, when tapped with a hammer. You may have to either dump them or give them away.

Keith Nottm Slater & tiler 50 years +

Reply to
keith_765

Ebay is worth a go.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If you have a couple of thousand, then I am interested .......

I can get new welsh slates, for 1.05+VAT, from the quarry. If these are in London, you should get neerer 2 quid.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Only 450 ish I am afraid. ABout 20 inch x 12

Reply to
Chris

In article , Chris writes

Rather an odd size!

IME slates are 1x2; 8"x16", 9"x18", 10"x20" etc.

In mid Herts. 2nd hand 10x20s are about £0.60ea. It helps if the nail holes are at the end.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb