Best DIY window company in the UK.

I'm looking for decent quality uPVC double glazing to fit myself at the best price.

Anyone got a suggestions for a direct source?

South of London/Sussex/Surrey would be best but I can travel.

I've already asked about U-Fit on another thread.

Reply to
DannyBoy

I've only ever heard good reports about these:

Jeremy Goff

Not sure if it is close enough for you, but I recently used, and had a good experiance with:

The Future Window Co.Ltd Unit 1, Brook Farm Ind Est Stapleford Rd Stapleford Abbotts Romford Essex RM4 1EJ

Tel: 01708 688098

They will do "supply only" at reasonable prices.

Reply to
John Rumm

In article , DannyBoy writes

What about Wicks?

Reply to
zaax

Look in yellow pages for local companies who make windows. Many will supply for diy fitting. Avoid the large national companies like the plague.

Reply to
Set Square

I'm very pleased with my Screwfix ones - although they only do stock sizes.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

B&Q Yeading (the biggest B&Q I know of) has what I suspect are the same: they have Saracen ironmonger.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

You could try Davies & Tate, I think they are in Sussex. Can't say if they are any good or not, sorry. Web site:

Ed Rear

Does it have to be plastic? Why not use a top-class metal-framed window from Crittall? They make double-glazed inserts nowadays, and with real hardwood frames, you'd have a sleek, elegant window that will last far longer than you will! As their advertising says: "...steel windows have very slender sight lines allowing a light and airy feel to any room."

Plastic windows are an abomination and a blight across the nation. They are fitted to houses where they simply do not belong, are often of poor quality and don't last all that long. Have a look instead at the modern range of Crittall's products, the "BMW" of window making. They're the ones architects recommend.

Mike Mitchell

As would be a Crittall window in a Victorian house designed for wood sash windows.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hmmm and there I was just about to order a UPVC window from Magnet.

Ross

Reply to
RossG

Magnet may be ok, but I would think that they would only stock standard sizes - whereas you really want someone to make them to your specified dimensions.

By "large national companies" I was thinking more of companies like Everest and Anglian - which are large impersonal outfits. It's far better if you can deal directly with the person who's going to make the windows for you.

Reply to
Set Square

Sir

I use the rehau factory all the local builders use, its cheep and efficient, when I broke some glass a new unit cost me a fiver. Not the best windows out, but for the cost great

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

" > B&Q Yeading (the biggest B&Q I know of) has what I suspect are the same: they

Is that really Yeading or a typo for Reading ? (Where is Yeading ?) Also looking for same. Nick

Reply to
nick smith

Yeading's just north of Hayes , between the M4 and M40/A40.

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

Yeading, near Hayes: turn off the M4 at J3 and head north about 2 miles, turn right at second roundabout. It claims to be the biggest DIY shed in Middlesex. Go to

and click on store finder for a map also at

Tony Bryer