Behold, the Mighty Angle Grinder of Phorm

The old Bosch (which had given excellent service for years) finally blew its guts, so I bought one of these today...

it is. Surprisingly, the local hardware store had it cheaper than the online supplier once delivery was taken into account. I have a pile of 9" discs to work through; I may be some time.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

FFS. How many times do people have to be told?

Reply to
Krusty

It's user error. It's _always_ user error.

Reply to
Ace

A bit of both really. E-S does sometimes appear not to have processed a post, but it always always goes through, & has been mentioned as the standard E-S failure mode numerous times.

Reply to
Krusty

Always seems to work for me

Reply to
boots

Interesting. I use E-S and sometimes my newsreader (Pan) will post something two or three times (sometimes also throwing up a duplicate message error). It seems to only happen when my own system is heavily loaded, so I've always put it down to a bug in Pan - but perhaps it's actually E-S, or some combination of the two (FWIW I never used to see it happen against individual.net, only E-S)

Maybe it's still user error though, because I'm choosing to use a newsreader that automatically tries to re-post if it things posting has failed ;-)

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

This. I /think/ what happens is E-S sometimes fails to send a 'message received' notification back to the newsreader. With XanaNews, that results in the message sitting in the Queued Requests, apparently unsent. So I just right-click & kill it, knowing that it almost certainly has gone through ok.

Reply to
Krusty

"Krusty" wrote in news:4e847370$0$2499 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk:

I support your hypothesis and usually remember to use a similar workaround using Xnews.

Reply to
wessie