BBK kitchens

Heard of BBK Kitchens / Interiors ?

I stupidly just allowed them to visit me Monday and already have a bad feeling from all the "special promotion in your area", the ease of setting an appointment which could even have been this afternoon, the background noise in their office and and something about featuring in a lifestyle magazine.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Schneider

I'm going to try to have them impaled on the TPS if nothing else. They should not have rung me.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Schneider

Ring back and cancel!

You KNOW it makes sense.

Unless of course you want to get them into your house so as to waste a few hours of their time and enjoy watching them play the "I'll just have to ring my manager - Oh, he says we can do it for 50% off" etc, etc.

Reply to
zikkimalambo

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:16:47 +0100, Jonathan Schneider wrote (in article ):

If you go to any company which operate on a national or regional level, the sales and marketing techniques are the same.

The products are generally manufactured very cheaply (e.g. a Moben cupboard has a cost of £6, I have on good faith)

Generally, labour is outsourced to individuals or small teams of fitters. The real question is whether that is a separate deal or whether the supplier is taking responsibility for the whole thing.

However, from a web search, this one comes up as a local firm in Nottingham.

Generally I think that one can do a better with a local firm because they have a local reputation to protect. I did this for a kitchen remodel a few years ago. It was clear that product qualities used were better (one could specify and control rather than being given a choice of A, B or C) Some firms were just starting out and weren't that busy so were available earlier. I was able fairly easily to find two that were clearly way ahead of the rest in terms of work done and selection. It took a few days to get an appointment and there were no marketing techniques at all. There was a portfolio of completed work with customer names and contact details. Reference visits were possible with some and it was based on quality of work, not on a cheap deal. Lead time for work was 4 months.

I avoided two other firms who said that they would undercut whatever these two firms quoted. I don't do business that way.

It's possible that you have found a local firm who is doing an outsourced marketing push. That's a bit unwise if they are trying to position themselves as a quality firm, but people do odd things.

It depends also on what price level you have in mind. You can choose from Kitchens Direct to Smallbone. If you are looking for a £5k deal, then you might as well pick the least bad of the national or regional guys.

In the mid market of £10k - 20k, then I think that looking for some local small suppliers and taking references is the best option.

Reply to
Andy Hall