BBC jakes GW demo?

The met office and NASA manage to get different results from the same data, I wonder which is correct if either.

Reply to
dennis

Dumbing down the science is the problem - because politicians can only react to dumbing down - not being bright enough to do anything else.

'Deniers' and 'Lunacy'? The facts of the matter are that the green tree hugger pressure groups have created an industry devoted to proving that (a) global warming actually exists and (b) that it is caused by man made CO2 emissions.

Neither of which have been conclusively proven & both of which contradict plain old common sense.

Your incredible arrogance in calling them 'presumptions' is just that & doesn't give you the moral high ground or make you right.

Any research department that comes up with data supporting the opposite view has its funding removed.

And it will only get worse. Universities run courses in Environmental Studies, every local authority/government dept/ quango/ large corporation has an environmental department keen to preserve their cushy non productive jobs.

'Green' has two meanings; Environmentally aware or extremely gullible.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Simple Dennis. The one who gets the result that supports the green movement issue has the correct result. The one that gets the result that doesn't support the green issue are called deniers.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It would only appear that way to an twisted idiot frankly. You attempted to smear anyone who did not agree with your opinion by using the term 'deniers' - a deliberatly pergorative term associated with the holocost.

The 'obvious reason' being that we dare to disagree with your point of view?

I agree that it has nothing to do with holocost deniers - so why do you - and it was you, use such a pergorative term?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Which theory? The scientific one or TMH's?

And why is English significant? I have no idea whether the scientist cited below published in English but I am sure his work would have been well known among the wider scientific community just as Tyndall's earlier work would have been known to Arrhenius.

Roger Chapman

It doesn't seem to matter to TMH whether the science is dumbed down or not. Either way he doesn't understand it.

I suspect that the real fact of this particular matter is that TMH is a clueless idiot.

Sad that TMH is totally lacking in plain old common sense. The mainstream scientific view is very much that global warming is happening and that man made CO2 is playing a part.

I was being generous. Saying that CO2 isn't a greenhouse gas or the greenhouse effect doesn't exist are bare faced lies. Neither claim has any basis in fact.

Care to cite the evidence for that remark?

ISTM that the USA is awash with Oil and Coal money happy to fund adverts denigrating any notion of global warming so there is at least a reasonable presumption that the money is there to fund research aimed at proving GW doesn't exist. The problem there of course is that if something doesn't exist it will never be found however much they expend looking. Oil money can put a puppet (GWB) into the White House but it can't prove that GW doesn't exist.

If you want to expand university education down to the average thicko (which was Blair's aim) you have to design courses the average thicko can cope with and that certainly doesn't include cutting edge science.

Only two? Aren't you forgetting something vitally important?

Reply to
Roger Chapman

Think about it. Your supporter brought up the holocaust, not me. My comment above links his derivation to your use of the term denier about me. ISTM that that makes you the twisted idiot.

Obvious to you perhaps. Not so to many others.

But why did you use it?

I use it because it is common parlance. It was used in an article in the Independent either yesterday or the day before and has certainly been used frequently in the media in the past. Would you prefer to be known as a Flat Earther?

Reply to
Roger Chapman

Given that the Met Office and NASA don't use exactly the same data but still get broad agreement between their figures, particularly over the last 20 years, you have to wonder where the deniers get their so called facts from.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

This one's even longer than the Beeb's

from Acne to Yellow Fever blamed on global warming. Even UFOs "Some experts believe it could be linked to global warming and craft from outer space are appearing because they are concerned about what man is doing to this planet."

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Are you sure?

"Furthermore, while the UK Met Office regards 1998 as the hottest year yet, Nasa thinks it was 2005 (they use the same data but interpret it differently)."

is a quote from

like you are making it up again.

Reply to
dennis

2) they are in broad agreement.

The Met Office has 2005 as the second warmest year since records began but the difference is not great.

I have been quoting the Met Office. I could of course have made a mistake but feel free to follow up the link to see. If the Met Office and the BBC differ I prefer to believe the scientists.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

If it was first noticed 100 years ago, it's fairly safe to say that it had been occuring for centuries before that, so how is it mankind's fault, when the world population 300 - 400 years ago was a tiny fraction of what it is now, and virtually none of them used fossil fuels?

Reply to
Phil L

Roger Chapman

for most of the rest of the week.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

They get two completely different years and are in broad agreement? But that's OK because the difference isn't great? Only a green idiot could bellieve that.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

straightforward question.

Or are you trying to avoid an annoying hole in the green argument?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Is that how the Oxford dictionaty of eco-bollox defines "lie"?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

They said they use the same data!

Reply to
dennis

Because that would have led to you attempting to pick holes in my answer.

Now that is what is called a non sequitur.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

Beacuse you don't have an argument. Haven't you reached that page in the ecobollox manual yet?

Not by anybody with half a brain it isn't.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman