Baxi Solo Boiler Problems.

To put this in some context i really don't know the first thing about boilers so please excuse my ignorence. The house I'm living in has what appears to be an old Baxi Solo boiler in but the workings of it seem to be similar to the Baxi Solos listed on their current website. I've tried resetting it as instructed at

and after switching it off and back on again the fan can be heard but the pilot flame doesn't appear to light.

At a guess I think the ignition has gone in it but if anyone else has any ideas please let me know. Also if it is the ignition that has gone in it will it be an expensive thing to have fixed?

Thank you for your time.

- Greg

Reply to
gregthepoorformer

I'm sure that Geoff will be along soon to sell you a new PCB - but have you checked the pressure switch? I don't know the Solo3 intimately (my boiler's an even older Mk I) but the ignition sequence probably requires the pressure switch to operate - to confirm that the fan is running - before turning on the pilot jet and starting the spark device.

Is there a diagnostic chart on the back of the pull-off cover, over the controls. If so, that should give some clues - depending on what does and doesn't happen, and on which LEDs come on.

Reply to
Roger Mills

After looking round the one in this house must be a Mk1, as for the LEDs of the 3 possible ones two come on when i switch it on.

Reply to
therootsundo

If you give Baxi a call, they will send you a service manual free of charge. The manual for my Solo3 has a diagnostic flowchart that is very helpful in figuring out what's gone wrong. Also it will help you find the right part number to fix it. I would see if there's anything helpful in mine, but some **%$* CORGI "borrowed" it, never to be seen again.

some are very expensive. (Unless you buy a re-con from Raden!) Jon.

Reply to
Tournifreak