Baxi, DuoTec or Platinum?

Looking at the information on the Baxi web site the only difference I can find between the Baxi DuoTec and the Platinum combi boiler is that the platinum has a timer, a 5 year warranty and is £150 more expensive.

Have I missed something?

The Baxi DuoTec seems a good heater at a sensible price.

Reply to
Mark BR

Yes. Do not buy a Baxi. Try a Remha Broag Avantaplus "dual temperature" boiler with integral weather compensation.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes those are the only differences, the Baxi is just OK, I would go for something like a Vaillant.

Reply to
David

Yes those are the only differences, the Baxi is just OK, I would go for something like a Vaillant.

And the integral mechanical timer is a £20 heap of s**te. (prolly a lot ,more than £20 but that is all it is worth)

The money must be for the 5 year warranty.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

The one thing that's certain is anything *you* recommend is sheds loads more expensive.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks for your suggestion but I do not need an integral weather compensation - I have a much better way of keeping warm in winter.

Reply to
Mark BR

But the vaillant costs more, not much but a bit. I'm looking for a basic boiler that will run for 7 months (mainly just to keep an empty house from freezing) without any intervention.

Actually if it does fail, which has happened with my current boiler in a few winters, no problems seem to arise except my gas usage is so low the energy company has difficulties sorting out a direct debit price.

Thanks for the comments, I'll weigh up between the Baxi Duo Tec and the Vaillant Eco-Tec Pro.

Reply to
Mark BR

Yes the Vaillant ecoTEC pro is a good choice and the mechanical timer you can get with it is better than the Baxi one.

Reply to
David

Please eff off you are a total plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It is clear you do not understand weather compensation.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Avoid the vaillant. Overpriced for what they are. Go for the Broag. Better quality, design, control system, and cheaper.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes I do - but you do not know my needs

Reply to
Mark BR

What are they?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I need a boiler that will supply central heating only when I ask for it and hot water when I turn a tap on.

As such the only control I need is a room thermostat that I turn up when I'm cold and turn down for the rest of the time. I do not even need a time clock.

Reply to
Mark BR

Ignore the drivel from the doctor,he'll probably be recommending something else in a month or two.

Reply to
David

Are you 'up' 24/7? If not there's little point in running the heating overnight. Of course a programmable thermostat can set the temp so low at night it never comes on.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

FUCK OFF amateur idiot!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The Broag combi will do that with integral weather compensation - all in the white box. You fit an outside temp senor and an inside temp sensor if you want. Set up and hey presto it will be on or off by you and no need to use the timer. The weather compensation promotes higher comfort and lower fuel consumption, making it very economical. It comes with it as stadard and it is a well priced quality boiler.

Take no notice of the regular lunatics here.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In message , Doctor Drivel writes

Same as yours ...

lots of pretty pills

Reply to
geoff

In message , Doctor Drivel writes

Don't you love it when dribble talks to himself ?

Reply to
geoff