Baxi boiler efficiency

Hi guys. I have a old old 28 year old boiler it is excellent I have no idea of the model and the energy rating It is conventional. What I want to know is the estimated efficiency -sedbuk. And I might be replacing it my choice is: ecoMAXpro 18e or Keston celsius 25 are they good? My current boiler has a brown line on the opening flap ant says Baxi

-no logo

Reply to
Boiler man

Hi guys. I have a old old 28 year old boiler it is excellent I have no idea of the model and the energy rating It is conventional. What I want to know is the estimated efficiency -sedbuk. And I might be replacing it my choice is: ecoMAXpro 18e or Keston celsius 25 are they good? My current boiler has a brown line on the opening flap and says Baxi

-no logo

Reply to
Boiler man

Probably in the 50-60% range, not likely to be more than that.

People here have installed both and have been happy with them.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I have heard the celsius 25 is noisy and a bit unreliable

Reply to
Boiler man

I'm just going thru a similar exercise - but with a much younger 17 year old Ideal Mexico slimline. So far - two plumbers have said they have fitted Keston but wouldn't touch them again as they are prone to leaking (I've read about the issues on here - but it seems that if they won't fit em I'll be mostly out of luck on that one!

Our favourite so far is the Vaillant EcoTec Combi - which involves the most work but gets rid of the most crap out of the house and gives us mains pressure hot water at last!

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

Depending on the sophistication of the existing controls (i.e. proper independantly controlled HW, quality insulated cylinder, TRVs, themrostat(s) or none of them)

You will probably find a saving in gas usage of 15% to 30%.

BBUs are typically around 18kW input and rather less output. However the open flue, permanent pilot make for a poor SEDBUK figure. Usually around 65-75%.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Well mine's so quiet, the only time I can hear it is when it starts. It's in a cupboard on the landing. With the door open and the cover removed it would be noisy but so would most other models.

Some people have had problems - one which I installed 3 years ago has need a new gas valve. Mine probably does to stop it rumbling for a few seconds every time it starts (and yes, I already have adjusted it with a combustion analyser).

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I have fitted several of the EcoTec Combi's - the only problem is to set the internal bypass valve correctly other wise the won't start.

The Keston is good when there are really demanding problems for the _internal_ flue route. Which was the case in the three I've done to date.

If the flueing is straight forward (i.e. direct through the wall or roof) then the Vaillant or the W-B Greenstar are good choices.

The Viessman Vitodens 100 also look attractive for a non-combi install.

Reply to
Ed Sirett