Baxi Barcelona .. unreliable

My point is that generic parts makes matters cheaper and parts freely available.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Which would need legislation to enforce. And of course that legislation deciding on which design etc was to be used. A committee would sit and ponder, take advice from all sides, and end up choosing a camel...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please eff off you are retarted plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It works pretty well for PC's. They're modular, interchangeable, and component prices are very good.

Reply to
Steve Walker

PCs - hardly known for containing potentially explosive gas mixtures

Reply to
geoff

Last time I looked you had to buy the correct motherboard for the processor. And there are how many different processors? Sure you can buy different makes of PCI etc boards and power supplies may be interchangeable to some extent. But then the same might apply to some boiler parts like pumps etc.

But PCs are made by the million for world wide sales. Boilers not.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Gas valves contain that mixture too and they are generic. Maxie, there is no reason why a generic pcb can't be made. OpenTherem control is pointing that way. Changing a pcb could be no different to changing a light bulb.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel