Under Floor Heating

I'm having a conservatory built soon. I'm considering installing underfloor heating in there (15 sq metres and a laminate wood floor)

I've had one quote from Comfort Heat

£1200 supply and fitting.

Does anyone have experience/thoughts of such systems ?

TIA

Reply to
Mark Carver

A conservatory should not have heating inside, otherwise building control/planning is involved.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

I thought it was OK as long as it is independantly controlled (e.g. TRV)?

Reply to
Grunff

That was my understanding - independantly controlled. I heard rumours that some BCO's don't like CH going to a conservatory, but it's such a minor point (esp. if you leave it easy to disconnect (and reconnect when they're gone) I wouldn't lose any sleep over it...

It's also a requirement AFAIK to have a door between the consvervatory and teh house but I seen that gratuitously ignored (it's pending fitment in the near future, honest).

Timbo

Reply to
Tim

Just be warned that most suppliers don't tell you that UFH probably won't supply enough heat for a conservatory. UFH provides about

100 W/sq m, so in your case about 1500W. I don't know if you've done any heatloss calculations but it's quite possible that your conservatory will require more than 1500W on cold days.
Reply to
jon