Battery voltage ?

Image is of batteries in a Remington electric cord/cordless shaver. The batteries are dead although it still works from mains. From the image is it possible to tell what voltage I require?
I dont see any markings indicating voltage.
https://imgur.com/Yyragrh

That's two 1.2V NiMH cells, probably AAA size 650mAh going by the markings.
https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/pel01423/battery-aaa-tagged-rechargable/dp/BT06686 should do it, and have a larger capacity too.
Theo

Each of those cells will be a standard 1.2v because that is what NiMh technology produces.
Nick
On 02/06/2020 00:35, Nick Odell wrote:

Thanks for confirming.
On 01/06/2020 21:22, ss wrote:

Yup, what they said: AAA tagged NiMh cells - 1.2V 650mAh
--
Cheers,

John.
ss brought next idea :

Those are two NiMH 650mA either AA or AAA. To be sure of the size, compare to an ordinary AA or AAA. You can buy much higher capacity versions now, but buy from a reputable seller because many have a faked capacity. You need a type fitted with solder tags, but there is a work around if you are used to soldering.
You cannot solder to batteries with electronic type mulit-core solder. You can manage to solder to them using a dab of plumbers flux, which is much more aggressive. Soldering to batteries has to be done in as short a time as possible, to avoid damage.
On 02/06/2020 07:53, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I will go for the tagged batteries, be a safer bet for me.
On 02/06/2020 09:25, ss wrote:

They are a lot easier.
You can solder chrome plated end plates if you rough the chrome up, And you don't need special flux, but you need a helluva hot iron.
Back in the day you could get massive 'hammerhead' bits and a little channel into which you popped your cells, and with the bit between two cells melt the solder on each one, remove the bit and sling them together to solder them end to end.
--
Of what good are dead warriors? … Warriors are those who desire battle
more than peace. Those who seek battle despite peace. Those who thump

I had to find some way to connect to an untagged Li-ion AA last week. In anticipation, I tried to make a small spot welder, using a car battery, heavy cable, connector and 2.5mm, relay and push-button. It failed miserably, the relay's contact resistance was too high. I ended up using my plumber's flux soldering trick. I managed well enough with my old 20w iron - the trick to avoid damaging the cells, is speed.
On 02/06/2020 10:50, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

When I replace the dead ones I will give the flux soldering a go on the dead ones, and see what happens.

You need a reasonably large bit and a hot iron. Obviously clean things first. Then ordinary leaded multicore will work just fine. You need to do it as quickly as possible.
--
*I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize *

On Thu, 04 Jun 2020 00:16:29 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Yep, the end of a battery is a big thermal sink you need a lot of heat from somewhere to get it hot enough for the solder to take. A tiddly littel bit designed for fine PCB work isn't going to have enough heat in it to heat the end of a battery suffciently or quickly.
--
Cheers
Dave.
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Really? News to me. ;-)
--
*I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

On 01/06/2020 21:22, ss wrote:

No, but they clearly say NiMh
So they are tagged AA NiMh cells

--
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to
rule.