Bathroom Rubber Flooring

Hello, I'm new to the group, and have just bought my first home.

I have 2 bathrooms, one about 6sqm, & the other approx. 2sqm. I would like to install rubber flooring.

After a search on google, I have found three companies I would probably deal with

was also trying to see via Google.Groups any opinions or reccomendations (for either these companies or rubber flooring itself), but I must have been typing in the worng words - I couldn't find anything

Could anyone reccommend which company I should go for? Or any relevant links? Or any tales based on people's exerience? Thanks in advance

Reply to
Sol

Aha, we too are looking at rubber flooring for our bathroom. Our original thoughts were to have coin-dot rubber flooring but my mum says it's really hard to clean, i assume because the dirt just gets stuck behind the dots, a bit like limescale gathering in the bottom of a rippled bath.

Here are some of the sites i found (excluding the ones you already mentioned) :

(only do rubber tiles but this may be a good idea for ease of repair in case of damage)

but dalsouple and the rubber flooring company (trfc) are my favourite.

The problem we have come across is this, we have a chipboard floor and trfc say this :

"Wooden Subfloors

6mm Plywood is the only recommended wooden subfloor for use with our products. Hardboard, chipboard, particleboard, wafer board, strand board and fire retardant plywood are not recommended. The Rubber Flooring Company flooring should not be laid on wood subfloors that are directly in contact with concrete subfloors, even if built on sleepers."

I am sure i found information somewhere that says you have to lay 6mm plywood over your existing unsuitable flooring but i can't find that now - typical !

I shall be watching this thread with interest.

Miniemma xxx

Reply to
MiniEmma

In message , Sol wrote

Try the key words wet room

Reply to
Alan

Have you tried looking through these ?

BigWallop

by 4pm!

I'm looking at flooring a "commercial" shower room with the Bolo rubber flooring. I'll be doing it in the next 6 weeks so if you are in no hurry I'll let you know how I get on.

Tony

Reply to
TonyK

"TonyK" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ananke.eclipse.net.uk:

Thanks to everyone who has replied.

Tony, I would be very interested in your experiences at the show.

Are there any readers who have already laid down a "wet room" or rubber flooring, either themselves or by a professional? How are you finding the floor? Is it worth the preparation (ie waterproofing, any damp issues, etc)?

Reply to
Sol