bathroom fan cleaning farce

Just replaced my bathroom fan - previous one died after 12+years

Like for like replacement so I assume it is not covered by Part P shenanigans - (as if I care )

I quote from the Expelair instruction leaflet

Cleaning (recommended once a month) A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN MUST CARRY OUT ALL CLEANING

the instructions continue

  1. Before cleaning, isolate the fan completely from the mains supply.
  2. Remove the front cover by pressing the release catches located on the sides at the unit with a 3mm screwdriver, whilst pulling the front cover forward L
  3. To clean the front cover, either wipe it with a damp, lint free cloth or wash it in warm soapy water. Thoroughly dry the front cover and refit.
  4. Do not immerse the fan in water or other liquids to clean any other parts of the fan.
  5. Never use strong solvents to clean the fan.
  6. Apart from cleaning, no other maintenance is required

So they expect me to pay for an electrician to come in monthly and take the cover off and wipe it wilth a damp cloth

what is the world coming to !

Reply to
jim.arnold

Is there a C&G cleaning course for electricians?

;-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Well, unless they've had COSHH training they're not going to be allowed anywhere near soapy water...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Is that why electricians always leave grubby finger marks on false ceiling panels when thy change the lamps?

Reply to
Neil J. Harris

No, they do that to show they've changed the lamps.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In message , snipped-for-privacy@tesco.net writes

Sorry Sir, you did not maintain the equipment as specified, therefore your warrantee is invalid. Thank you and good bye............

Reply to
Bill