Bathroom electrical regulations..

..need to complete the bathroom with a pair of wall lights in an alcove above the basin..these will be a meter from the basin taps..

Whats the regulations here? can I use ordinary fittings? Much better range of lights ...

Probably want a pair of frosted glass cylinders with CFL's in them..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Where are they in relation the the egde of the bath and/or shower?

Depends on the location of the bath and/or shower.

Sparks

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:00:35 -0000 someone who may be "Sparks" wrote this:-

feature in the amendment to the Wiring Regulations which bought these zones in.

Reply to
David Hansen

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 12:26:33 +0000 someone who may be The Natural Philosopher wrote this:-

Provided they are out of reach of someone using a bath or shower, which is expressed in terms of Zones these days. There are also a few other requirements in terms of wiring and the like.

Reply to
David Hansen

Thanks Dave..for some reason I missed 'sparks' posting..thanks 'sparks'. That was exactly what I wanted to know.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I thought this zone 2 around basins was made up by the manufacturers of lights trying to explain zones.

This is a better explanation of zones IMHO

ARWadsworth

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:13:29 GMT someone who may be "ARWadsworth" wrote this:-

That is indeed the case.

Possibly, though there are other possibilities.

Reply to
David Hansen