Bath tap cooler than kitchen tap????????

Hi,

We have a new boiler installed in our home(it is in the roof space).

Would anybody know why our downstairs kitchen tap is hotter than the bath tap even though this is closer to the boiler.

Reply to
chrishob

Maybe the hot water goes straight downstairs, and then returns up through the pre-existing pipework if required in the bathroom? Should be possible to trace the route & direction of the flow.

Reply to
Steve Walker

If it is a combi then the obvious question would be; are you checking with the flow rate exactly the same at each tap?

Lee

Reply to
Lee

You will probably find that you have a thermostatic blending valve on your bathroom supply. This mixes cold with hot to ensure that water does not get above 40 odd degrees from the tap, no matter how slow you run it. As with my install, the kitchen sink is a direct feed from the boiler - so nice and hot - ideal for dishwasher

Reply to
gp

Is it a combi boiler? If so, the boiler probably can't keep up with heating the higher flow rate delivered by the (larger) bath tap. What happens if you turn the tap down a bit - apart from taking longer to fill the bath?!

Reply to
Roger Mills (aka Set Square)