Bar shower warm when not in use?

Curious. Just came to stick one of my boys in the shower and the Mercati bar shower was warm to the touch before any water had flowed through it.
In the room next door we had just run a bath.
Is this the sign of impending doom, or have I only just noticed something which is permanently the case?
I'm surprised that hot water is flowing in / near the bar shower to warm it up when its not in use.
Cheers!
Matt

Hot water has to get to your bar shower somehow; maybe it's plumbed very close (eg through a wall) to the hot main that supplies your bath. If teh connecting pipe is copper, heat will flow very well along it.

I was just wondering why he has a shower in the bar.... thud.
Brian
That's the odd thing, they aren't close at all. The shower is mounted on a stud wall in a different room to the bath.
Will check it this morning when no baths in use.
Cheers
Matt
On Tuesday, 12 November 2013 07:01:24 UTC, larkim wrote:

a stud wall in a different room to the bath.

OK checked this morning and its all cold. Peculiar, never noticed it heati ng up when the bath is being run before, and would be a slight concern over legionella if this is happening every time that the bath is used (the show er in question is less used in our house compared to the bath).
I'll keep an eye on it.
Matt

I suppose there is no route through a leaky valve on the pressure control side of the shower unit?
--
Tim Lamb

On Tuesday, 12 November 2013 10:40:12 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:

Pass, that's beyond my knowledge / understanding of plumbing! All I can say is that it was pleasantly warm to the touch and there was no water flowing either through the showerhead itself or (to my ears / knowledge) anywhere else.
We're on a combi boiler, so hot isn't present in the system at all times (if you get my gist), so it does stand to reason to a certain extent that it was heated up at the point at which the hot water was flowing around the house.
Should I have legionnella concerns?
Matt

Mine as well:-)
The thinking was along the lines... combi runs while you fill bath. Plumbing probably shared with shower. pressure balancer operates passing hot water to cold side.
A proper expert will be along shortly:-)

All the water is sourced from the mains so should remain clean even if trapped in a warm pipe. I think!
--
Tim Lamb

On 12/11/2013 17:33, Tim Lamb wrote:

It may just be that the hot side is teed off from the pipe between the boiler and the bath tap with a short pipe, maybe even as it passes down the wall.

Never had that problem, but then I realise that you don't need warm water to take a shower.
--
Shotgun wedding: A case of wife or death.