Ball Valve in Toilet Cistern

Here

Jim K..

My upstairs cistern fills very slowly. I got round to looking at it today and it had a high pressure valve fitted (small hole) but bless the plumber who left the high pressure bit fitted to the arm!

I have fitted it and it has made a difference, although not as much as I had hoped.

The valve fell in the cistern when I took the old one off so I don't know if I have the cone and rubber washer the right way round. I have been Googling but I don't know what the bits are called which is a bit of a problem.

Can somebody point me to a diagram or tell me what I should be Googling or please?

Many thanks.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

well an image search for "Ball valve in toilet cistern" will get you a long way.

on my results page this is on the 5th line of images.

Chris B

I found that thank you. I really need something a bit higher resolution nd with more detail.

My valve is like that but 180 degrees out. The diaphragm is at the inlet end and the cone shaped bit at the ball valve end. I wonder if somebody dropped the whole thing in the cistern once upon a time and put it together back to front.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines