Bad 'Mains test plugs' ?

My first thought .. but because I wanted one in a hurry (helping a mate out today / couldn't find mine .. ) I had to buy one where I could find one (none in Wickes or Homebase). With a bit of discount I got him down to a tenner. ;-(

And for more money ..

However, it seems for only a few quid more than I paid for a 'basic' one I could have got one that uses LED's and / or did simple RCD go/no go tests.

Oh well, when someone is doing a 'special' sale maybe .. you never know when I'll loose this one .. ;-(

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

And searching on that model specifically found it six quid less (@£39) than I saw it this morning.

As mentioned, fine for a quick test but would never replace the proper gear.

Oh well, Xmyth is coming .... ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

T i m wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No, not this time - mine doesn't detect an earth/neutral cross

mike

Reply to
mike

The message from T i m contains these words:

You'd certainly hope so, but it'd depend where it had got crossed. If it were before the RCD then it wouldn't. Though whether it would then be particularly dangerous is a moot point provided the conductor thicknesses are up to it.

Reply to
Guy King