b&q performance power generators

I don't know either; I've never taken it apart to look! I suppose it must have something that ignites the fuel?

[what can a 2-stroke be used for?]

But a 2-stroke genny is only rated 650w IIRC, so I'm not sure there are any heaters that you could use.

The 2.4kW 4-stroke model might have the capacity to power a kettle or fan heater just. Is that similarly fussy about running electronic devices?

That's what made me think about this but is it just media scaremongering? Only time will tell.

Reply to
Fred

Combi and/or condensing or just a big lump of cast iron and a burner? The latter is just a motor and some switches it'll not object to running off a generator. However you probably have a programmer somewhere and that *might* object along the lines already stated.

Running the CH and keeping the fridges and freezers cold is the reason I have generator but it's yet to be used in anger though I have tested that the CH is happy at least for a hour or so.(*) The power would have to be off for > 6hrs and be projected to be off for several more hours for it to come out. We have backup cooking, heating and lighting that is easier to break out. The house stays moderately warm for quite a while even in winter, but thats what jumpers and extra blankets are for...

(*) Big lump of cast iron and burner type with Horstmann programmers and Danfoss RF stat.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I'd forgotten that bit there is some electronics to control the sparke generator ignition and flame detection that shuts the boiler down if it doesn't detect a flame when it should.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

We did have a lump of iron but after more than thirty years service it failed and was recently replaced by a shiny new condensing model; non-combi, non-system.

Reply to
Fred