B&Q next day

Had an e-mail today re. this - almost dumped it as I couldn't unforget giving B&Q my addy, but a preview showed it to be OK.

The site is a lot quicker than B&Q's (not difficult), seems to have a reasonable range although many items out of stock.

Is it riding on Screwfix's stock and delivery systems and just another outlet to broaden the market? It would be a cheap way of doing it.

PeterC

Yep. From a quick shufti at the screws they do it's a limited subset of Screwfix's stock, even using the same code numbers, but with a 40% markup on the price.

What modern business is all about: Branding, PR, advertising & meetings of people in suits without anyone actually producing very much!

Reply to
Scott M

back end code.

Interestingly, you note they have rebuilt the mains site as well now to use the same back end. diy.com has just got an order of magnitude faster!

Reply to
John Rumm

By 'eck, it is too! Didn't have that lobody thing re. survey in a few minutes of browsing (ping! - that's how it got my addy - I complained about the pop-up), by my Hosts file has ~137,000 entries so that probably stopped it.

Reply to
PeterC

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

and she tried "plant pot" (I kid you not! :-) ). Result was a load of door furniture handles.

Reply to
Rod

It's an extension of the in-store 'help'.

Reply to
PeterC

It is definitely a weird search engine - tried variations on that including flower pot, pot and p*ss pot - which last produced two results.

Reply to
Geo

I tried 3" plant pot once and got newell posts :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman