B&Q Buckets

I bought one of those orange plastic buckets from B&Q last week - and the handle hasn't fallen off yet!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Have you used it yet ? The first time you dump it down on the ground the handle comes off. Then the UV degrades it in 3 days and it cracks. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

It's waiting 'til the store has closed and you can't take it back.

Reply to
PeterC

Well its lasted until today, so he isn't doing too bad.

michael adams

michael adams

Orange is the new black. There's even a tv series about it :-)

Reply to
stuart noble

Its a marketing gimmick. They change them every month. In March they sold orange buckets with "I Love B&Q" slogans in black, this month they're going to be selling white buckets with "I Love B&Q" in orange, and then at the end of the month on May 1st. they're switching to black buckets with "I love B&Q" in white.

It all seems a bit daft when they've just announced all these store closures but maybe they ordered them all well in advance..

michael adams

michael adams

Blimey, maybe the water round your way is lighter than everywhere else? Joking aside though, a large number of years go, I bought a square bucket, which seemed like a good idea at the time, forom a local hardware store, remember those? There was a design fault though, as the flat sides were not really sturdy enough and after about being half full of water, as you tried to lift it, the handles simplycame away due to the sides buckling inwards with the weight. So its not a new problem. I toook it back and got a metal one for a lot more dosh and it lasted for 10 years. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Did it cost more than an Aldi bucket?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

No they have to get rid of them before they all need to be I love Screwfix on them.

Actually orange buckets are a great resourse if you are trying to run an event for thevisually impaired. Orange is a great colour for partially sighted people to see, so our clubwhen they start a new venu, hang an orange bucket up outside the place and everyoenc an then find it. brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I did buy a couple I thought they were trying to compete with the local pund shops as the buckets were a pound each.

Reply to
whisky-dave

It will, it will...

Can't believe nobody realised it was an April Fool :-)

No B&Q bucket has ever lasted a week!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You mean they don't change them to black on the Ist of May ?

michael adams

michael adams