Average charge

My sanity takes a battering every time the subject of local taxation comes up.

Especially since it appears I'm going to have to pay 3 times as much for my sod-all as I do at the moment.

Reply to
Huge

Slightly OT but Looking to the future which is were Blair is bound to take us as it can increase the taxes.

In Belgium where I run a warehouse I have to pay for the 25 square meter skips with a direct debit. When they are full they are taken away and sorted by hand and the charge depends on what I have put in it.

Plastic for instance would cost me about 4000 Euros a skip, Wood about 1000 Euros a skip.

Trust me when I say that UK still gets a very good deal. Crazy when we think how little space there is spare.

Andy

Reply to
me

Please don't have a heart attack while you read this, then...

summary: Good hearted if someone sad individual collects rubbish around villages near where he lives and takes it to the tip to keep his part of the world looking tidy. Council jobsworths at the tip tell him to stop doing it as it is not his own rubbish and he is committing an offence....

Reply to
hudsterou