AV cable choice

Not really, it's bad enough when they claimed OFC, directional, silverplated, four-dimensionally plaited audio leads made a noticeable improvement ... now they claim the same for super-duper USB leads to connect to your external DAC ... and they delete all comments that dare question their "5 star" ratings for such cables ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Bloody snake-oil salesman; of course he'd tell you that.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

You mean swapping centre to screen, or just end for end?

Reply to
brass monkey

end for end ... LINN actually print on the speaker cables little arrows which must point to speaker ... :-)

I did ask how the copper cores knew they had been reversed and he had a load of waffle about dielectric curves in the sheath etc.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

I first came across microphone cable with arrows on it ages ago at a gig - the idea was that you could identify where it was going more easily in a complex rig. Perhaps also a help to semi skilled riggers. I'm convinced one of these snake oil types saw this and thought it was to do with the way the cable worked...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If you run out a long cable and didcover you've done it the wrong way round

- it's a pain. Perhaps it's why someone has produced XLR connectors which can be of either sex.

Reply to
charles

That depends on how threaded it is through the set/stage etc. One only makes that mistake once and if it's a really nasty route tests the cable before putting it in. B-)

Anyway you "always run away with the female" or for an lady roadies "the male end goes in".

Any half decent sound person has at least a couple of each type of gender bender in their pocket.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Never seen those Charles. Got a link or whatever?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)