Auto switch off a battery cupboard light?

I have a battery operated "push light" from Homebase in my understairs cupboard (a button shaped thing that you push to switch on/off). Trouble is, my wife or minxy daugher will leave the light on and I can say goodbye to 3 AAs.
Is there such a thing as a little time delayed switching component that I could get from somewhere like Maplins and solder in so that the light will switch off after a couple of minutes?
The only other solution is to beat wife/child each time until they learn. Of course I never leave the light on myself!

as its low voltage why not wire a microswitch to the cupboard door and bypass the push switch
Tony
In uk.d-i-y, AA wrote:

Lateral solution 1: fix a switch that disconnects the battery when the door is closed. Of course that assumes that you^W they aren't as bad at closing doors as they are at turning lights off.
Lateral solution 2: use a lantern battery instead of AAs, which will probably last for months, but beware the voltage difference (might matter, might not). I'm assuming this a LED light.
Or both.
--
Mike Barnes

or Lateral solution 3: use re-chargeable AAs
Jim A
Mike Barnes wrote:

LS1a: put spring closer on door.

LS3: wire a proper mains light in, on a door switch.
Owain

Pneumatic time lag switch.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Snag with that is any such electronics will consume some power all the time. I'd be inclined to use some form of mechanical switch - a micro switch or similar - operated by the door, as there is no safety issue.
--
*Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

one of these:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId 31864&ts587&id689
Thanks for all the useful suggestions. I think I'll stick with rechargeable batteries and beating the family as a back up. I found the complete solution on ebay - pretty much what I already have but with a timer. Probably crappo quality though. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Auto-Off-Push-Light-with-32-FREE-AA-BATTERIES_W0QQitemZ220109067923QQihZ012QQcategoryZ117110QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem or search for "push light auto off"
Aardvark.