At last.... a decent water flow!

Just wanted to share my happiness!

For those of you with patience, you will have heard of my ongoing saga of really bad water flow rate (10L per min at best) and the more recent saga of there being a bloody large leak under my garage floor.....

Well, Severn Trent relaid the service pipe in 25mm plastic today and ...... wait for it....... we now get 19L per min!!!

We are on a combi, and I was going to have to put in some kind of water storage just for the shower, but now 19L per min will do just fine!

Way to go Severn Trent!

Thanks for your help and advie to all that have offered it over the duration!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

Mike, just for reference if someone is searching in future with a similar problem, was the leak eventually diagnosed as between the garage stop c*ck and the house?

Gavin

Reply to
Gavin Gillespie

It was actually betweeen the garage and the boundary. It looks like when they built the extension (about 3 years ago, from what we have been told) they needed to run a drain across where the service pipe ran, so they cut the lead and patched it using plastic. They didn't bother to replace any of the lead though!! It was leaking at one of the joins!

Cheers Mike

Reply to
Mike Hibbert