Armchair refurbishment

This is my daughter's project, but since I've the wood turning lathe, I'm doing new buns for the castors - not sure if 'buns' is the right term but you will know what I mean.

The interesting problem is how to get the castors back into the new buns. The vertical shaft that goes into the bun and the wheel assembly rotates on in the horizontal plane, has a muckle great wood thread on - must 14 or 16 size - but apart from a 2.5mm plate 30mm dia brass, which has been a push fit onto the shaft, there is no way of gripping it to screw it into the wood. The brass plate has 3 equally space 4mm dia holes for small screws to hold it on to the bun.

Anyone dealt with this before ?

Rob

Reply to
robgraham