Ariston Eurocombi boiler - no flame

Hi all,

I have just moved into a flat with an Ariston Eurocombi. The boiler has no pilot light and I have tried to light it with no success. THere is a small reddish button in the middle of the control panel with an image of a flame with an 'X' through it. I guess this is the ignition, but then I push it, it just feels springy. There's no click, no sound and no sign of a flame. When I turn on the hot tap, I hear a click in the boiler, but that's all.

I know the boiler was working fine a week ago when I came to the flat, but the previous tenants must have turned everything off and no I just need to know how to fire the thing up again.

Can anybody help with this please?

christo

Reply to
christo

Have they perhaps turned off the gas supply? Check the main inlet valve (at/near the meter) and the valve supplying the boiler (probably very close to the boiler).

HTH

Reply to
Fishter

That's the flame failure reset button. If there's no gas it glows red.

Check the power's on and both bottons are in. It's possible the water pressure in the system's too low, what's the pressure guage reading? Have a listen to the flue outside, if you can't you hear the fan running that'll confirm it. Top up via the filling loop. If it's above 1 bar on the scale, and the flue fan's running, then the flow switch is not detecting the water pump running, possibly the pump's seized through sitting for a while.

Keith

Reply to
Jeanette