Argos multitool

I went in the other day to buy the WorX sonic tool thing - like the Fein Multimaster or the Bosch PMF-180. I was expecting £69.99 but it's in the sale at £55ish *and* I got a £5 gift card thrown in.. can't say fairer than that, can you?

Anyway, the job that I needed a new tool for was widening the cooker slot in the kitchen to fit a 60cm cooker instead of a 55cm one - luckily the kitchen was planned with spacers that could be removed to allow this, so I just had to trim the worktop back as well.

I used a router and jigsaw to trim it back as far as possible, then the straight blade on my new gadget easily and very neatly cut all the way to the wall. Incredibly easy to control it. I even cut the laminate with the half-round blade to get a clean edge, and just following a pencil line freehand was trivial and dead straight.

So, if you're looking for Xmas ideas, start mentioning it now! It comes in a solid blow moulded case with the straight and half-round blades, and a triangular sanding head with a range of velcro sanding sheets. Having really tried that yet.

Next purchase is the Fein 'old tools' adaptor (£5 from fein online) which will apparently fit it and allow the new star shaped Fein accessories to be used in it, giving a much wider range of bits to cut up or sand with.

Reply to
PCPaul

I also like the Bosch

. I got one of these thinking it would do one job where nothing else would fit and have been using it ever since on all types of jobs. I thought it was one of those "it's OK for such and such, but it won't do that" type of tools. How wrong was I then.

If you can get them at the price you say, then I would recommend getting one if you are a serious DIYer, or even if you like a multi tool that can be used in a couple of minutes, to do a job that normally needs three or four different power tools to complete it.

Wait until you get the attachments for it, Paul. You'll lose touch with all things it can be used for.

Reply to
BigWallop

Seeing this I went and bought one from Argos.

The information on the site and indeed the box it comes in show it as cutting brick tile plastic and everything.

On opening the box i found the expected wood chisel but the other half-round blade looks like a wood saw blade, not a multi purpose blade. It is even marked "HSS" which means high speed steel to me and therefore only for wood and soft material use. If I attempted to use it on concrete, the teeth would instantly vanish??

Help please!

Reply to
EricP

Have a look at the video on the bottom of this page

to see what's what.

I didn't get a wood chisel in mine. I did get a metal cutting blade that looks like a wood chisel, until you feel the end of it.

The video on the web page shows you a good demonstration of this type tool.

Reply to
BigWallop

Wonder if the Bosch blades fit? Any chance of posting a picky of the blade?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Answer is No. Completely different fitting. Worx and Fein are a star cutout and Bosch is a hole with a circle of little holes around that.

Reply to
EricP

Thanks Wallop. It looks like this goes back and a Bosch replaces it. There seem to be no more blades for the Worx anyway.

Reply to
EricP

That's what I understand.. you can use the old or new Fein accessories (with the £5 adaptor), but Bosch is a different setup completely.

Reply to
PCPaul

I wonder if somone will come up with an adaptor to fit fein blades to the Boch PMF type?

Reply to
Housemartin

So the Worx can use Fein blades and the Bosch cannot. Is that so?

So what fits what in the three tools?

The Worx is one speed I believe. Is that so?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel