Argentinian power cuts

The indignios were ethnically cleansed back in the 19thC

harry

....Hence my reference up there to General Roca.

Some Argentines will tell you that the country was empty before the Spanish arrived or that the Mapuches just wandered nomadically over the Andes from Chile and went back again but we Brits made the same sort of erronious assertions about South Africa, back in the day.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

is the right answer. Good job - I forgot to square the km.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Just as there are bits of the UK that are more densely populated than the UK - and indeed more densely populated than Monaco.

Reply to
Robin

Quite. To say all of the UK is densely populated is rubbish.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I don't recall anyone saying that it was. The comment was "You're just used to living on very small and crowded island". And given the UK's population density puts it around 14th in the world that "crowded" seems to me unobjectionable.

Reply to
Robin

If ypu fly the polar route to the USA you will fly over thousands of square miles of scottish bugger all.

Take scotland out of the equation and the UK s suddenly very crowded

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We lived near Detroit at the time, and it happened one afternoon. Suddenly everything went silent, for four days. And being in summer, it was hot and humid. But we got through it. They said it was caused by a squirrel.

Reply to
Davey