Appliance Rollers

We have just had some new lino fitted into the kitchen - getting the dishwasher & washing machine back in was a nightmare.

I'm thinking should I buy appliance rollers? I would hate for the lino to get torn if we were ever moving any of these appliances

Only downside with rollers are they add 4cm to the height of the appliance which might be tight for the dishwasher

Are appliance rollers any good ?

Is there anything else I could use instead?

Thanks for any advice in advance

Niaz

Reply to
gospvg

I used 4x clothes placed under each corner - worked fine on laminate in the utility.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Laminate is more solid compared to vinyl lino

Niaz

Reply to
gospvg

If you're only concerned about damage while moving the appliances, you could get a sheet of thin board, slide it right under the front end and move the appliance onto the board. That way there's no significant movement across the visible surface of the lino.

Reply to
OG

we use offcuts of carpet (pile facing downwards) trimmed to be practically invisible.

Reply to
Steve Walker

I've used them in the past and they were pretty useless. Somewhat better, and not adding significant height, were the slippy plastic discs you can get.

Reply to
Peter Parry

I use this method as well. ( I have a couple of strips of laminate flooring that I use.) Most other solutions will cause damage if there is the smallest bit of grit. Rollers bet impregnated with grit if you are not careful.

Reply to
John

Thanks for the tip I will not bother with the rollers

Niaz

Reply to
gospvg

I also had lino fitted in the kitchen this week, bought castor cups, found a bagful for a quid at B&Q, smeared the base with washing up liquid and placed under the feet, sliding the units back in was a doddle

Reply to
Bazza

I wouldn't want soapy feet on my washer - it would let it wander around . (an old one once got oil on the feet and it was a load of trouble - I had to remove and de-grease the rubber pads).

Reply to
John