Anyone recommend a SDS drill/breaker to remove floor tiles ?

Need to remove a large area of floor tiles (approx 12"x12" tiles) in our kitchen.. They are on a reinforced concrete slab, so basically I need to remove without too much damage to slab, clean slab and replace.

So anyone recommend a SDS drill and/or breaker suitable for the job ? Don't mid buying if not too much and does the job reasonably well.

A mate said hire one as you can hire something big enough for the job and also get plenty of sharpened chisel bits.

Reply to
Ian_m

try the cheapest option first: 4" brick bolster and a 5lb lump hammer.

you get a great forearm pump, too.

Reply to
.

Typing as someone who has just tried both approaches to clearing tiles and 3/4" of mortar from a kitchen wall - picture here -

can tell you that progress with an SDS drill is about 5X quicker than with hammer and chisel. It took me 3 hours the hard way to clear about a metre of wall and the same again to do the remaining 4-5m with the SDS drill. The SDS is also much better at tidying up ragged bits of rock too. No contest

Reply to
Tiny Tim

Ian_m pretended :

One of the cheap and cheerful SDS plus drills about £20-£30 - providing it has the option of impact with no rotation, will easily do what you want. Much cheaper than hiring one.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield