Ants in dishwasher

I don't know where they're coming from, but there are hundreds of the little buggers crawling around my dishwasher. Any idea how I find the nest, and how to get rid of 'em?

I've checked outside, and there doesn't seem to be any ant activity where the dishwasher empties into the drain. They do seem to return remarkably speedily even after I've zapped them with a rinse cycle. Is it possible they've built a nest somewhere inside the machine?

Would really appreciate any help as they're driving me mad.

TIA

Rich

Reply to
Rich

A quick Google and this seems to be a common problem.

(Good tips here maybe from people who have had the same problem?)

(Lots of Google links)

John.

Reply to
John Smith

firstly disconnect your washing machine water pipes the red and blue ones and the grey waste pipe , then disconnect ur dishwasher pipes and connect the washing machine pipes to the dishwasher and vice versa, this will remove the ants from ur dishwasher

Reply to
mojo

Go down to B&Q. Buy a red squeeze bottle of ant remover. Spray them and then leave them alone to wander back to the nest with the spray on them. Next day, no nest, no ants.

Reply to
EricP

And,presumably,clean out the dishwasher afterwards .....

Reply to
Stuart

One has to assume some common-sense in giving these highly technical and involved answers to others.

Reply to
EricP