ants

Ok, how do I get rid of ants in the GH? I was ok with a few crawling around but I went to make up some potting mix yesterday and found a HUGE nest in my stash of soaked / rinsed CHC. The little ones... I first noticed them by the smell when I jammed my hands in the CHC to pull out a handful - you know the smell the little buggers make when you squish them? Anyway, I sprinkled a bunch of borax in and put some of the borax/sugar "traps" on top but they don't seem to be interested. What do you use? I'm thinking something I add to the bin of CHC that I can later rinse out. I recently sprayed Mesurol in the GH for snails / slugs and I no longer see them crawling on the Catt buds, etc so I expect that would do the trick but it's pretty nasty...

Reply to
Jerry Hoffmeister