hey al !

is that an anguloa virginalis on the front page of your site? (and that's a very cool alba equestris...)

--j_a

Reply to
jankey

Tag says Anguloa dubia.

I only have two kinds, Anguloa Dubia and Anguloa ruckeri. I bought them all as babies from Oakhill. The ruckeri are still far too young to be blooming. I saw about a dozen plants of the much larger dubia bloom this spring/summer after many years of getting bigger and bigger without flowering. Apparently they like fire and ice and neglect and abuse and so bloomed profusely for me this year. I had one plant that had 10 to 12 flower spikes. If they are all labeled correctly (and I just don't know), then there is a lot of color variation in the species; from pale pinks to oranges. Did not see any yellows, which is the main color that shows up when you do a Google image search. It puzzled me. They all smell like a childhood candy I remember: candy wax bottles you are supposed to chew up like gum.

I grew the alba equestris from seed. About a dozen 4" pots bloomed recently.

Reply to
Al Pickrel