Ant killer

We have something of an ant problem inside at present. The house is a barn conversion and we have at least one nest under the floor (which is boards on battens over a concrete slab. I suspect the slab may have cracks in it, which allows the ants to establish under the floor.)
Can anyone recommend a systemic poison that we can lay which the ants will carry back into the nest and destroy it? We can kill the ones that roam into the house with conventional contact insecticides, but they just keep coming.
--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 43rd day of Confusion in the YOLD 3182
I don't have an attitude problem.
On 7/8/2016 3:42 PM, Huge wrote:

Nippon

Which one? The powder is just a permethrin based contact insecticide. And we've been squirting it down the holes to no long-term avail.
--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 43rd day of Confusion in the YOLD 3182
I don't have an attitude problem.
On Friday, 8 July 2016 16:06:34 UTC+1, newshound wrote:

Borax. Unlike others it's not dangerous to pets.
NT

We've used that - it works.
S Viemeister wrote:

+1 mixed with icing sugar even better
On 7/8/2016 12:46 PM, Bob Minchin wrote:

Yes.
On 08/07/2016 15:42, Huge wrote:

borax and icing sugar
--
mailto: news admac {dot] myzen co uk

+1 http://tinyurl.com/zhvpu2o
--

Chris

On 08/07/16 15:42, Huge wrote:

Nippon gel is supposed to do that. I have used it with some success (though it's hard to be sure whether it was the gel that worked or pot luck).
On 08/07/2016 3:42 PM, Huge wrote:

I read/watched something where someone said they used aspartame sweetener mixed with a good food source, or even sauce?.
This link is a test of the many sweeteners. What the ants won't eat is what you feed them. However, it needs to be mixed with something they do like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lvSxJDA4mI

This chap gives a good idea of what it is you need to attack, ie the queen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkx2AocY2pQ