(Another) Screwfix catalogue oddity

Current cat (Vol 74) page 179 2D Task light Quote D19417-74 price £19.99. Used to be £14.99 all the time I ws dithering about whether to get one or not. Damn, just when I'd bitten the bullet and was about to order it they've put the price up. But just checked online and sod me if it isn't £14.99 still.

suppose this means they plan to put the price up during the lifetime of the catalogue - ?

PS anyone else not like their new practice of sending out a half-baked catalogue ('Great Stuff') with orders instead of a full cat? Means I've now only got one full cat and if I lose that .... doesn't bear thinking of . I used to rely on accumulating them at a rate which generally compensated for their tendency to decay[1] or quantum tunnel into a parallel universe[2] after a while.

[1] into a blue window envelope and an air-filled poly bag [2] remarkably like our own universe but filled with objects no longer found in our own, connected by wormholes in the space-time continuum to the backs of sofas, insides of washing machines and friends' houses)
Reply to
John Stumbles

On Wed, 12 May 2004 23:41:44 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "John Stumbles" strung together this:

I've done that before, with stuff that is no longer in the catalogue or has had its price increased. Order it with the old code and it'll still be on there, although it doesn't always work with the price increase orders though.

Reply to
Lurch

Dunno, but when I was speaking to a Screwfixperson recently about a problem accessing my online trolley, she mentioned that if I phoned my order through later and mentioned this, they would be sure to give me the on-line prices. Which, after I'd hung up, struck me as odd as I had never noticed any difference between online versus catalague prices before. But maybe there is?

David

Reply to
Lobster

AISI, the online prices are always "current" and will alter during the life of a given catalogue - hence the catalogue order codes coming with an issue qualifier for each item. I imagine that the issue qualifier is only valid for poastal orders rather than phoning up or ordering on line and could, for a period, be used to get the old lower prices for things.

Reply to
Scott M

Nope. Fed up of trying to burn them all as they are almost non-inflammable.

Reply to
G&M

I phoned them up and asked them to take me off their mailing list. Don't know if I will still get a catologue with my next order, it would be good to be able to opt in/out on the ordering page.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

non-inflammable.

Don't mind the one catalogue in the post. It's all the others that come with every LATE order. Why can't they stop putting the catalogue in each order and use that person to concentrate on getting my bits to me on time.

Reply to
G&M