Another Riello OIl Burner question

These coincidences always occur - I was looking at the handbook for my CH boiler using a Riello 40, when lo and behold someone else asks questions about one. Well, hijacking a post is just plain bad manners so here's my question.

My Riello is fitted to a Camray II Model 15/21 boiler by Boulter - they were taken over a few years back by Worcester Bosch. The Technical data lists 4 apparent model types - 15kW through to 21kW with no physical differences to the boiler body, etc.. Does anyone know what defines the different power outputs as the only thing that seems to vary is the nozzle and the oil pressure ? I'm wondering quite which one I have (can't find the original receipt) and then if I've got the 15kW one, can I just upgrade with some easy component change ?

Thanks Rob

Reply to
robgraham

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember robgraham saying something like:

Yep. Nozzle, oil pressure and air settings do it within a range. Same goes for changing from kerosene to diesel. Originally there would have been a leaflet with the burner listing the differences, but they usually vanish. I'll dig one out tomorrow if I've got one for the 40.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember robgraham saying something like:

Here ya go...

is the scanned page from the Riell 40 burner handbook, the other is the Danfoss catalogue covering replacement pumps, control gear and nozzles. In the Danfoss cat, pay particular attention to page 81.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I should add, the heat exchanger in yours might not be up to a hugely larger heat transfer, but it will probably be ok for a bit of an increase. All you can do is suck it and see.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Many thanks Dave. It was just an idea when I looked up the technical data to answer the other question on the Riello 40 and noticed that there didn't seem to be any difference other than the nozzle, etc.

Cheers Rob

Reply to
robgraham