Another pipe question (25mm MDPE to 1.25" BSP)

I've got a hand pump with a 1.25" BSP inlet pipe, I want to attach it to some 25mm MDPE. I've got a ¾" Female Adaptor whose external diameter is similar - about 1.5" - so I was considering using a short length of 1.5" internal diameter pipe and a couple of jubilee clips, see photo here:

anyone suggest an alternative, or, if you think it will be OK, a source for the short length of pipe?

Note that the metal pipe has to have the given length (there is a valve that drops into it) so I can't use a standard reducer to a male coupling.

Reply to
Nigel M

In article , Nigel M writes

Was going to suggest an MDPE fitting with reducing sets (they are available for 1 1/2") but it means usubg a 50mm MDPE fitting ie huge :-(

Your solution could end up the neatest if perhaps a little less 'engineered' but it looks as if the threaded pipe was intended for a hose connection so should be ok. Watch the pressure tho.

Reply to
fred

Hi,

Is it a male 1 1/4 BSP connection on the pump? If so have a look at:

14330. This can go on the pump, then a 3/4 BSP male to MDPE can be added on, and the MDPE will connect onto that. You'll also need and a washer part no 13760 to go between the reducer and the MDPE fitting, and some Boss white or similar to seal the joints.

Also if the pipe thread on the pump is not tapered a 1 1/4 locknut part no 14450 could be useful.

Your local plumbers merchant might equivalent bits if they stock a very wide range of stuff. Do you want to be able to disconnect easily from time to time too?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

You should be able to pick up a short length of suitable rubber or silicone hose from a motor factor.

If you want something tidier and more permanent than jubilee clips, you should be able to find suitable size 'O clips' to crimp the hose onto the fittings. (A quick google for will show you what these are if you're not familiar with them.)

Reply to
Paul

Oops, thinking about it if you'vre already got the 3/4 BSP female to MDPE it might just be better off adding a parallel 3/4 BSP nipple part no. 14463 and possibly a couple of locknuts part no. 14548 between that and the reducer.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Excellent idea, thank you.