Another GU10 LED question...

Apologies in advance if this has been covered before

Last year we installed some IP65 GU10 downlighters in the bathroom; these ones to be precise:

If I was to use led lamps, would the life of them be reduced by a significant amount? Being IP65 and fire rated they are sealed very well so they could get quite warm.

We've had GU10 LEDs in the kitchen for about 3 years now but those fittings are exposed with plenty of air circulation around them.

Reply to
gremlin_95

On 15 Feb 2014, gremlin_95 grunted:

Not answering the question, sorry, but what's the deal with fire-rated downlighters these days?

I ask because I've just replaced the old downghters in our ensuite with new GU10 LED ones; the old downlighters (installed in about 2001) weren't fire- rated and I just replaced like-with-like: in fact I chose the non-fire- rated versions of the OP's, from Toolstation.

I can see the common sense behind fire-rating them, but what's the legislation? More to the point, maybe, when would you *not* need downlighters to be fire-rated?

Reply to
Lobster

Lobster wrote in news:XnsA2D58B87BEE0Cdavidlobsterpot601@81.171.92.236:

I believe these seal by having an intumescent seal aroung the rim to seal the fitting to the ceiling - rather than using a hood which could lead to overheating.

Reply to
DerbyBorn