Another bonkers council

Look at the video link at the bottom RH side.

Kev

Seems reasonable to me - the building is listed and the council have decided on the best course of action to keep it in character. Just because it sounds a bit silly dousn't detract from the fact that it seems likely to work.

It's what you get when you buy a listed property. Chances are she will win the case as she has at least one witness to say that she complied with the order.

Reply to
Matt Beard

| Look at the video link at the bottom RH side. |=20 |

is quite a standard treatment for ageing walls, it provides food for algae get established on a wall. Old walls in the West Riding are a greeny black whereas new York stone is quite yellow

Now 50 years ago the recipe to do the same thing was cow clap, water, and soot to match the existing soot blackened walls. I can point you to a chimney which was treated with soot, only a few years ago. Can't swear to the cow clap though.=20

--=20 Dave Fawthrop Sick of Premium SMS scams, SMS marketing, Direct marketing phone calls, Silent phone calls?=20 Register with

they work :-)

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

yoghourt after other treatments failed to get the mortar to the right colour; she was advised to by the council. That's fine; it's a recognised treatment.

The treatment failed and now the council want to penalise her for not doing it. It took her three days, and there were many local witnesses. The problem is she has to stump up for legal costs.

Reply to
Bob Eager

nothing except fatten lawyers, but a coat of yoghurt is a fairly standard technique. IMHE, an infusion of sheep shit is even better.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Bob Eager" saying something like:

They really are a bunch of prats. Instead of dragging her to court, they should come up with another method or, as one bloke said, simply wait - it'll weather eventually.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I think the sheep-shit should be applied to the council...

John

Reply to
John