Another Boiler/Gas Fire Question Please

Just to revisit this topic please: The chimney/flue that accomodates the back-boiler also has a Baxi gas fire, with access to the pilot light etc under it.

Now, is this fire an intergral fitting with the boiler or would I be able to change this?

Having 2nd thoughts about taking the chimney out [in terms of actual space generated and it's praticality] but we'd get at least 50% of that depth back just by changing to a flat-panel type fire and removing the surrounding fireplace etc. BUT, if I do that as it stands, the pilot-light stuff would jut- forward. Any work-arounds?

Reply to
riz1

You can change the Baxi fire-front on the boiler to another Baxi fire-front, but if you want an "ordinary" gas fire there you'll have to remove the back boiler.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

That's what I feared!

Reply to
riz1

And if you want to lose the fire you must lose the back-boiler.

Reply to
Ed Sirett