Analogue picture frames

I thought an analogue picture frame was a euphemism for the kind you make with four strips of wood and a mitre saw. Not at Tesco's it seems.

suppose at the level of the thin-film transistors driving the display the technology is analogue but I think it's mega pedantic to put it on the shelf edge labels

Reply to
Graham.

Maybe its a brand name for some cheap and nasty digital screen?

Reply to
dennis

'Digital' is just a concept.

In the real world we still have to use analogue components to convey and process digital information.

- All LCD's are analogue - look up liquid crystal display!

Phil

Reply to
Phil Emmup

process digital information.

I think I acknowledged that fact in my OP, and so do the branded and generic Tesco items in the small print. (Probably products from the same factory anyway).

The other makes on display that make no mention of analogue on the box are billed as digital on the shelf edge. The customer will be looking for a digital photo frame, so why confuse her?

Reply to
Graham.

Actually in the real world its the other way around, everything is based on discrete levels, i.e. digital.

Anyway there isn't a continues range between on and off for an LCD so they aren't analogue even in the sense you mean.

Reply to
dennis

Which turn out not to be rigidly defined when measured due to quantum uncertainty...

We had this discussion a while ago, didn't we? Or was it another group?

Reply to
John Williamson