An easy fix for a shaking washing machine

My Bosch washing machine is 21 years old and going well but had slowly become very shaky. These things progress gradually (like age!) so I didn't notice until one day the thing was trying to waltz around the room and a round tuit arrived. A look inside didn't reveal anything broken but, after a bit of google'ing, I thought it might be worth replacing the three dampers. These things look like shock absorbers but they are just a cylinder that slide inside another, with only friction damping. Wow! A cheap and easy fix that has made a huge difference. I hope this helps someone else who has a dancing washing machine.

Reply to
nothanks