amazing new socks

For 50p a pair Primark are selling socks that stay up but DON'T dig into your leg. This I regard as a major breakthrough, and a life changing experience. They wash well and are quite the most comfortable socks I've worn for years. You don't always get what you pay for

Reply to
stuart noble

In article , stuart noble scribeth thus

Ah!, but do they stay together? I bought a couple of pairs with the days of the week on a few months ago, only got a Tuesday pair left others are all different days.

Never mind UFO's and that crap .. Can anyone explain this mystery?..

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , stuart noble writes

I though this problem had died out decades ago when small boys stopped wearing shorts and knee length socks to school. It's not something I have experienced in living memory.

Reply to
fred

They're a bit more expensive than Primark but the bamboo gentle grip ones from sockshop.co.uk (in sizes 12-15 too for us Yetis) are super comfy.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Simple. The Sock Eating Monster has eaten the missing ones. I bklame that Sir Pterry, myself.

Reply to
John Williamson

Useful site that .. thanks:)....

Reply to
tony sayer

Is that assuming that you have clean socks every *day*? You've got to be joking!

Reply to
Roger Mills

I recall way back in the 60s you used to be able to order "everlasting socks" from newspaper small ads, Exchange & Mart and whatnot. Anyone remember them? They *did* last an extraordinarily long time, being made of some highly resilient artificial fabric, but a lot of people complained they made your feet sweaty and smelly. I never had this problem so thought they were great; science making significant advances to our quality of life instead of poisoning us with GMOs and chemtrails. Those were the days....

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

The HJ Hall ones? They still make them

Bit I find their Softop ones still manage to dig-in to my legs.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Making socks out of petrochemicals (nylon, etc) is an advance over using natural materials like wool or cotton?

BTW, you couldn't have been on your feet much if they didn't make them sweat.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They're the ones (Softop) I use all the time. Fine for me, and certainly most comfortable.

Reply to
Bob Eager

They're OK if I fold the tops down an couple of inches, but without folding they dig in, also the material seems to 'ruck' somewhat inside my boots.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Tesco bamboo socks excellent so far, pound a pair or somesuch.

Reply to
RJH

ROM and RAM

David

Reply to
David P

Blimey, really, the last socks I had from M/S went hard in about three months. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I've just thrown a bin liner of socks away, including Halls and every other conceivable make, mostly not bought by me. Not one comfortable pair amongst them. Thanks to Primark, I'm a new man

Reply to
stuart noble

There is definitely a God of Laundry, who takes a small sacrifice from every load.

Reply to
GB

There is definitely a Pencil Eating Monster.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Any relative of the one that applies sone sort of glue to ballpoint pens so they won't write?

No matter how many such pens are around the first one almost always doesn't work, and often the second...

Reply to
polygonum

Even M&S socks still need washing. ;)

Reply to